Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I'm not sure if anyone even reads anything I type, but sometimes it is just nice to type out what's going on just to get it out there. We are suppose to leave for vacation next week and I am having some stress about that. Though I have been trying a little to give it over to God. At church on Sunday our Pastor had a very hard message for me to grasp. He said that being a christian is not easy. It is a test that we face on a daily basis. Once we past one test another is on the way and that we need to step up to the plate so to speak and stop complaining all of the time. All that does is bring a person down. His messages are true but they can take a little time for me to digest. We had our first snow day here. No school because of all the rain and snow. I really hate driving in this weather. How many other moms get conflicted with trying to make the right/best choices for their family? No one told me that following God would be so hard at times. I guess that's why at times I look so different from other people. I would though, rather follow God and obey his will for me and be in his protection in the middle of the storm then out of it on a branch. Gen 22 is a very powerful chapter if you take the time to break it down. Abraham's faith in God is determination to follow God's will for his life and his pure faith that God would bring to pass the promises that He made to him. He did not stop to question or ponder or consult with others. God's directions were clear to him and he followed them to the letter. God always does what he says he will do, but then we also have a part to play in it also. May God bless those who read this and even those who don't. I pray that everyone can come to know you Lord they way I know you. Good night. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment